With a variety of smartphones and tablets flooding the market, Android mobile devices are used by all for personal purposes as well as for work & business. On the personal side, young adults and teenagers are considered to be a smart-phone generation spending a considerable amount of their time on these gadgets. As a result of which, parents and schools need to emphasize certain restrictions and have some control system for the usage of the devices. Whether its personal or business purpose, you must know how to block websites on Android phones or tablets.
While, in organizations, for enterprise mobility, small, medium or large organizations provide smartphones and tablets to their employees. This has led to better employee productivity, which has no doubt resulted in good ROI. However, to ensure that productivity stays high, companies expect that their employees to use these mobile devices only for the work purpose and not misuse it by surfing irrelevant websites. The solution to this concern of the employers can be best met by blocking all the irrelevant websites on the corporate-owned Android devices, with the help of MobiLock kiosk browser. Blocking website access allows organizations to limit the time employees spend on nonwork-related websites, such as social networking, games and videos & movies. It also protects your mobile devices from Internet attacks which can happen when the employee visits these types of websites.
MobiLock browser enables you to whitelist websites. By whitelisting, it means that you can select and allow access to specific websites for employees with corporate-owned devices. After whitelisting websites, you can access the website from MobiLock Pro browser and have a controlled browsing experience. In otherwords, you get to know about how to block websites on Android phones or tablets. Here are the steps by which website(s) can be whitelisted on devices which are enrolled in the MobiLock browser.
Accessing websites that are whitelisted:
1.Launch MobiLock Pro on your device.
2. For Menu options, tap on the three dots on the upper right-hand corner, as shown below, and tap on Settings.
3. To access settings options, you’ll need to enter the passcode. Know more about Passcode help.
4. From the list of options tap on Manage Apps & select MobiLock Pro Browser as shown below.
5. Now to access a specific website, you need to whitelist it by tapping on Browser Shortcuts then tap on “+” from the bottom right corner to add the website Name and URL.
6. Enter the Name and URL of the website & tap on Add to save the website & uncheck “Visible on HomeScreen” option.
7. From the MobiLock Pro Browser, you can’t access any other websites than the whitelisted ones.
8. Users can’t access any other websites than the whitelisted ones.
You’ve successfully blocked websites on Android Phones and similarly for tablet also follow the above procedure.
MobiLock kiosk browser enables organizations to easily block websites on Android phones & tablets, which are not relevant for the work purpose simply by following all the above simple steps. Again, it also gives you an option block the websites on Android phones and tablets from web-based dashboard i.e. from PC or laptop.
For iPhone or iPad See: How to Block Specific Websites on iPhone or iPad.
Nema Buch is a Research & Marketing professional, also writes for MobiLock Pro on Enterprise Mobility trends, SaaS, and different Industry Verticals.